Most of us have a innate sense of right and wrong. Most of us have waited too long and done too little to support ethical governance. Below is a list of things everyone can do to support good ethics and hopefully fend off Andrew Cuomo’s draconian “NY SAFE Act”. Please, don’t wait on this. The enemies of our rights certainly haven’t.
Join Key Organizations
- Join the NYSRPA. The NYSRPA is the leading defense of the right to self-defense in New York State and is the state’s NRA affiliate.
- Join the NRA. Upgrade your membership if you can. Regardless of emotions, the NRA is the biggest defender of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms – and perhaps the most successful defender of any human rights in the world. The NRA is currently offering Life Membership for $600 (normally $1000).
- Join the GOA. The Gun Owners of America is the nation’s foremost no-compromise gun rights organization.
Contact Your Representatives
- The best way to contact your representatives is to call them or write them a letter yourself. The NRA-ILA offers a tool to look up their contact information. This is absolutely the best way to make your voice heard, and certainly the best way to reach your representatives in NY regarding Cuomo’s War.
- (Federal Only) If you can’t justify the time to call or write your representatives yourself, these organizations offer forms that will send emails on your behalf. This takes only 1-3 minutes.
- An up-to-date list of popular petitions is available here.
- Join in a march on your state capitol to protest the nationwide assault on human rights. New Yorkers, demonstrate unity in the face of Cuomo’s War.
Vote in some polls. (These are not necessarily NY-specific.) Please take the above actions first; they are far more effective than some news organizations’ polls.